Moody tap. It turns,sometimes water comes,sometimes not.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
los whittle
Labourer
Labourer

Moody tap. It turns,sometimes water comes,sometimes not.

Post by los whittle » Mon May 07, 2007 9:47 am

re the hot tap in my bathroom (sink). I have taken the tap to pieces twice now, but still the problem returns. You can turn the tap on, and hardly any thing comes out. Turn it off and on a few times and then the water will flow properly. Turn it off & on again, and you get only a trickle. It is as if something inside the tap is 'slipping', though I tighten anything that moves!
I fitted a new washer a couple of weeks ago which seemed to do the trick at first but the tap soon returned to it's 'moody' ways. I have read the forums re air locks, and to my layman's eyes, this would not seem to be the cause of this problem (or is it!?)
Thanks, Jim

thedoctor2
Ganger
Ganger

Post by thedoctor2 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:17 am

Hi taps are cheap today if its a few years old renew it , look at projects in the plumbing section .
Not knowing what kind of tap it is there it hard to advise further.

jondeau
Ganger
Ganger

Post by jondeau » Mon May 07, 2007 11:32 am

There is a certain type of tap that is prone to this..so if you have this type......

.........when you next take the tap apart.....make sure that the circlip on the spindle is in the correct groove......there are often two grooves and the lower groove is where the circlip should be....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 pm