DIY Doctor

motorised valve replacement

Postby littleh » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:05 pm

i need new valves and was wanting to replace them.
Ive looked up "normally closed" honeywell valves, can anyone advise what that means.
I know the ones i need are 22mm two way valves.
Is there a certain type i need or do all valves operate the same?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:21 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Easiest way is to remove the actuator head and find the data badge that will tell you the make, model and serial number. Take this to a Plumbing / Heating supplies shop and ask if they have one.

Then all the wires are the same colour, so replacing shouldn't be too difficult.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics