Mould on ceiling
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scg1889
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mould on ceiling

by scg1889 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 am

Hi,

In my son's bedroom (little bit bigger than a box room) mould has developed in the corner and is starting to spread out (see pic). I've tried Dettol Mould & Mildew which has pretty much no impact so trying to suss out the root cause and see what I can do to tackle it.

- Often my girlfriend sleeps in the room so there's a lot of heat kicked out for a small room, but happening less and less.
- His bedroom is above the kitchen
- We dry clothes in the house on radiators/rail, no tumle dryer (though most of that is done in another room which is also small but doesn't have any mould)
- We try and keep the window open a bit but with it been a kids room it's usually just on the security lock which lets just a little bit of air in
- Often get quite a lot of condensation on the window. We do have 2 blinds and a curtain covering it
- Don't have a dehumidifier
- Should we be looking in the loft for any dampness?

Any pointers to root cause welcome. Also if there are any other recommended products that may tackle some of what's already there that would be welcome too.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Mould on ceiling

by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:10 am

Hi scg1889
Open the window every morning to clear the air. If the mould is on the ceiling where it abuts an outside wall it may be that the roof insulation is missing along this edge ( assuming you have a loft above the room).
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:47 pm