moving a cooker point
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neil2407
Labourer
Labourer

moving a cooker point

Post by neil2407 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 pm

i need to move a cooker point 18inches to the right hand side of my cooker its on 6m cable can i disconect from the socket the cable and join it (somehow) then chase out horizontaly from where the cable comes out at the top of the wall ( ceiling level) then chase out verticaly and re attach to socket the point is how can i join the cable knowing its going to be safe, for plastering over

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:11 am

Joining 6mm cable will have to be well done and of course the job supervised and tested by someone able to sign the paperwork on completion but idea seems OK. As you say horizontal at top of wall in zone but change after June.

neil2407
Labourer
Labourer

Post by neil2407 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 pm

thanx for that what does the new regs in june specify how this should be done is it just the cable routing

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:17 am

I have only just got the regs and the layout is completely different to old regs. By time they come in I will have read them all many times but at the moment we are all studying them. The new guild to 17th Edition has not been yet released but earthed metallic protection seems to come up many times although often with an or something else as far as I have got seems all sockets must have RCD's but as to rest you would need to read like the rest of us and decide what the has changed yourself. Much which was in the on site guide and book 3 is now in main regs book.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 pm