Moving hanging kitchen cupboard
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John Byrne
Labourer
Labourer

Moving hanging kitchen cupboard

by John Byrne » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Moved from UK to sunny Gibraltar. Our kitchen has a line of cupboards and one is fitted with racks for draining the washing up. It is too far away from the sink and I want to exchange positions with the cupboard over the sink.

I've tried for ages to undo the fixing that hold the cupboard in place, but to no avail :twisted:

The fittings are visible through two 25mm holes at the top. I can see a cross head screw that adjusts position of the cupboard. Under the cross head screw a small hole where I can see the head of a small vertical screw/bolt. I'm able to move the screw head a little with screwdriver tip, but the blinking thing simply cannot be freed. Help

This might help - the hinges on the units are marked 'BLUM' Austria

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 pm

you will find that the screws that you are turning adjust the height and position of the cupboard for levelling during installation. these units tend to just hang off a couple of brackets behind the screws that you have been turning. they stay put under their own weight and of course that of its contents.

empty the cupboard and try just lifting it up, it should come free. be careful though - these units can be heavy.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:18 am