multiple garden lights from mains?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greigym
Labourer
Labourer

multiple garden lights from mains?

by greigym » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi there,

Im pretty new to electrics/ lighting and could do with some advice which will determine whether I do the job or not! I have recently finished my decking and bought some standard pole/ bollard style lights (10) in total. The other lights I currently have in the garden run from a control type box that has mains input and 6 outlets. These lights were bought with the cable attached so I simply removed the plugs and wired them into the control box. This box has individual switches which then turn the lights on and off. Back to the 10 bollard style lights...can i just run a cable from one of the unused oulets on the control box to the first bollard light and then daisy chain each light after by just wiring up the same relevent wires. The bollard lights are 230v AC 50hz.

I guess the other alternative would be to buy a junction box??!!

Not knowing a huge amount about this sort of stuff and not being able to find it crystal clear on the net I was hoping for some advice if poss?

Many thanks

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I would suggest the cost of registering work under Part P with LACB means this is not worth doing as DIY. It is cheaper to get someone who is registered to do the work. In which case they will sort it all out.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 pm

further to Ericmark's reply look at 'Projects' at top of page, scroll down to lighting in a garden, second section on Building regs. what you propose is not legal DIY,
regards

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:41 am