My old damp course
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
100marigolds
Labourer
Labourer

My old damp course

by 100marigolds » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Does anyone know whether it is still possible to inject damp course chemicals from below a room i.e. into the cellar walls below that room? This was done to my front room 30 years ago, according to a Sovereign certificate. After this amount of time the damp course has obviously worn out and I now have some rising damp on my internal wall.
I could have a new damp course put in from the room itself, but this would be an expensive and messy job. All I want to do is to renew the existing damp course.
I'd be really grateful if anyone knows if this can be done.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Go to any one of our projects (www.diydoctor.org.uk) on Damp and look at the website of the advertisers in there. The copmpany is PRS and they will give you free professional advice with no obligation. They do sell all the chemical etc which are required (see both projects on DPC injection) but they will not force anything on you. We have worked with them for a long while now and had no complaints at all.

Inform Timber and Damp
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Inform Timber and Damp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 pm

You do need to get atrustworthy professional in generally the simple rule is you could install a dpc inthe basement below provided that the grond level is below the dpc, otherwise the damp would simply go round the dpc -Damp bridging

I am a little surprised that you have true rising damp in a room with a cellar or basement below -get some careful advice.
Also if the plaster is affected by this 'rising damp it is almost always necessary to replaster since it is affected by salts

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 am