Mystery Drain Problem With Smell Intermittently Occuring in my Kitchen
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paragon
Labourer
Labourer

Mystery Drain Problem With Smell Intermittently Occuring in my Kitchen

by Paragon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi, I hope someone here can help me identify a problem I'm having with an unpleasant smell which intermittently occurs in my kitchen. The smell is not a strong effluent smell but is definitely a drain smell. It just seems to come and go at random with nothing apparently triggering it to my knowledge. Also when it goes it completely goes with no trace whatsoever. I've had my head in every cupboard and sink with no indication that it is coming from any spot, the obvious culprit the sink is clear and doesn't smell. The next thing I suspected was a backed up blocked sewerage pipe but I have lifted all the manhole covers and run water through them. They are perfectly clean and not blocked. I then suspected a cracked drain but if nasty stuff was leaking to the space under the kitchen floor it would be getting worse and wouldn't suddenly disappeared completely for a few days. I really am at a loss with identifying the problem and have considered getting the professionals in to put a camera down my drains but that will just show that they are clean and clear which I have already established so can't see what else they would be able to do. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks for reading all of this. Hope you can help. Thanks

Paragon
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Mystery Drain Problem With Smell Intermittently Occuring in my Kitchen

by Paragon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:29 pm

The problem has now been identified and is being fixed. Thanks

drmandarin
Labourer
Labourer

by drmandarin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Great that it's been identified and being fixed.
Perhaps you could let us know what the issue was in case it helps somebody else coming across this post?

Graham W
Labourer
Labourer

by Graham W » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 am

I would also be interested to hear what the issue was as I have a similar problem.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:27 pm