Nail guns
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bones
Tradesman
Tradesman

Nail guns

by bones » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:10 pm

hi

looking for a bit of advice if possible....

Started my small gardening business about 18 months ago but fencing is now becoming the majority of my work. I'm still using hammer and nails but i think the time has come to invest in nail gun to save me time and effort.

I think an elctrical one would be too restrictive due to the required supply of power so that leaves gas or air powered ones....this is where my naivity kicks in....

could anyone explain the pro's and con's of each?

Cheers

Bones

Joiner_Mike
Ganger
Ganger

Nail Gun

by Joiner_Mike » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi
I don't know on paper the advantages and disadvantages of each. I just know from using them.
The air gun will need a compressor will is the same as an electrical gun...would result in restricting you. I have only used air guns when working in a workshop so i should imagine this is because it is cheaper to run and only used where the gun is normaly in one spot.
When im on site i have always used a gas nail gun e.g. pasload
Im not too sure now but when i was at college studying joinery pasload come in and provided a free course in using them. This in return provided me with a llicence. Im not to sure if this is only paperwork for big building sites or it it is something that is needed in using one even when working on your own.
If i was doing fenching all the time i would go with the pasload gun everytime.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:57 am