DIY Doctor

Name of Black Sponge Seal Between Roof and Walls?

Postby Lissie123 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi all.

I have an old house and conservatory and there is a seal of about 3cm tall that runs all around the conservatory, sealing the gap between the top of the walls and the ceiling. It seems to have been fixed with an adhesive but is so old it's now crumbling out as a powder. Does anyone know what this is called so that I can try to find some online and would I be able to replace this myself with no experience? It looks straightforward but I know looks can be deceiving... it looks like it was once a kind of solid sponge material so I'm guessing you put it into place and then it expands...and it is black in colour. Any advice appreciated...thank you
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:55 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:38 pm

its glazing tape, double sided sticky tape,it will be difficult to remove
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics