DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Name of Technique for Putting up Shelves in Alcove

Postby IB2018 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello folks,

I'm looking for the term for when shelves are put up by a strip of wood being nailed or screwed to two opposing walls, creating a narrow surface at either side on which the shelf sits.

I've done it in a cupboard. The opposite walls are about 3 ft apart. I screwed a rectangular piece of wood to each wall, so that they were level with each other, and then simply laid the shelf on top.

Is there a name for this technique?

Thanks for any help.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 pm

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics