DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Name of This Adapter Continental Appliance

Postby ultralife » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:38 am

Hi all,
I would like to change the plug on a continental appliance and would like to know the name of the plug I require or, better even, links to the product I need.
I looked through the Internet but pretty hard without knowing the name.
Attached is a photo of the device with its plug.
Many thanks.
This is a german appliance that I wish to use in the UK. Name of the UK plug I need to adapt it please?
EL_WSZ_250V_KAB.jpg (8.72 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 am


Simply Build It

Postby Mr White » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:19 pm

We don't have anything like that, which is why you can not find one.

I assume you want to know how much energy a device that you plug in uses?
If so I suggest you go onto ebay and look for "power consumption meter" they do what you want and cost less than £10 and no faffing around.
Mr White
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Postby ericmark » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:18 pm

It's called a Schuko plug, and you could get two adaptors one British to Schuko and one Schuko to British but you would need to be careful the adaptor has an earth, and for the pair Amazon price around £12 and not much more and you can buy a complete energy meter as you have already been told on the other forum.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Llanfair Caereinion, Mid Wales.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics