Need a new shower - power or electric?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajf47
Labourer
Labourer

Need a new shower - power or electric?

by ajf47 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi there
Our, I think, very old Aqua Tronic 8500 shower has packed up, disaster as hubby hates baths and on a tight budget at present. We need to replace it as soon as possible, but not sure if we need a power shower or just ordinary electric.

We have a combi-boiler and no water tank.

Can anyone tell me what type of shower the Aqua Tronic is as I cannot find any reference on google and what type of shower we need to get.

regards Amanda

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:25 pm

The aquatronic will probably be an electric shower.

As gas is cheaper than electric, why not fit a thermostatic mixer shower ? great pressure (depending on boiler).

htg

wabbitpoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by wabbitpoo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:31 am

We have moved from all electric showers to mixer showers from our combi boiler. We have good pressure, which is lucky, and the shower is fantastic as a result. I would never buy an electric shower again, as they are, in my humble opinion, rubbish when there is a better alternative.

Given that you have no hot tank, if the power goes you won't get a shower at all, but that is the same for either type of shower.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 am