Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pat tester
Labourer
Labourer

need to fix one tile

by pat tester » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 am

I have ceramic floor tiles in my kitchen. the floor is wood suspended 3/4
t&g with 3/4 ply on top. I understand I need a flexible adhesive but can only seem to find 10kg bags. As one of the 7.8% on the nat king cole
I need to find a more cost effective solution to refix the tile I have rapid set cememt no nails and ceramic adhesive for concrete floors in the garage can any of this be modified? any idea's?

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:55 pm

you can use an admix in the adhesive intended for concrete floors. this will help with flexibility. ask at your tile shop.

frankly mate if it's only one tile and in my own house then i'd be inclined to bodge it a bit. you say that the floor comprises of two separate layers of 3/4", if firmly fixed i can't imagine that there'd be THAT much movement under the one tile.

if the rest of the tiles were laid properly with flexi mix then should be no problem. at worst, you'll have to dig it out and do it again - make sure you have another tile spare!

pat tester
Labourer
Labourer

thanks

by pat tester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 am

[quote="chris_on_tour2002"]you can use an admix in the adhesive intended for concrete floors. this will help with flexibility. ask at your tile shop.

frankly mate if it's only one tile and in my own house then i'd be inclined to bodge it a bit. you say that the floor comprises of two separate layers of 3/4", if firmly fixed i can't imagine that there'd be THAT much movement under the one tile.

if the rest of the tiles were laid properly with flexi mix then should be no problem. at worst, you'll have to dig it out and do it again - make sure you have another tile spare![/quote]

Thanks fo the advice I found some flexi at focus on half price for 4 days £7 for 5kgs unibond [/quote]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:05 pm