NEFF Dishwasher problem...
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

NEFF Dishwasher problem...

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 am

hi,

i am trying to help out an elderly neighbour on a pension. hoping that i can diagnose the problem and order a part but don't know an awful lot about dishwashers! but i'm sure i could replace a part or two if only i know what's wrong with it.

it's the incorporated type with a door to match the kitchen units and is about 3 years old and outside the warranty by 12 months or so.

it's complex and difficult to explain but here goes - the machine will start it's cycle ok, then at a seemingly illogical (and varying) points (i.e. not long after filling and heating water on the main cycle) it will stop, drain and then appears to be trying to refill. only it doesn't refill, just makes a lot of gurgling/bubbling noises.

from the sounds that it's making i'm wondering if the heating element is still hot and could be boiling the little water that remains in the base of the machine or it could be trying to fill but is being starved of water.

so by my logic the problem could be one of 3 things:

1) the electrically operated filling valve connected to the main is faulty.

2) the pump is faulty

3) the main control board is faulty.

i actually favour the latter as the pump does seem to work, at least intermittently as does the filling valve. also the problem will become apparent at different stages of the wash cycle every time the machine is switchen on. sometimes it will not even get started, other times it will run normally for a while then develop problems.

the fact that the machine will empty just a few minutes into the cycle leads me to believe that it's a control board problem, also as the machine does not stop all activity (as it should) when the door is open. instead it continues to run as though the door were closed - clearly a potentially dangerous problem.

could anyone offer any advice? if anybody has any experience of this type of problem i'd be most grateful for input. the only constructive advice i've been able to give so far is not to use it until the problem is sorted.

i have a local spares shop that is very good and can get any part so i could save my friend a few quid. i wonder though if it is the main control unit that it might be a job for a pro.

cheers,

chris

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:09 pm