Neighbour Problem With Construction of new Extension
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Labourer
Labourer

Neighbour Problem With Construction of new Extension

by 01484 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Im not sure if i am posting this in the right area but basically i live in a mid terrace house and the next door neighbour have started to build a new extension into their garden. They dug up the floor next to our house wall and left it for few weeks first (they couldnt find builder apparently) so it used to rain and get into the foundation of our house. Now they have started off the work they have left our wall as it is bare and not cemented it or anything just started building their own seperate wall. They are going to leave our wall as it is. I mean shouldnt they seal it or put concrete around the slabs to prevent water going into our foundation? See picture.
The other thing is that we have got like a greenhouse area one wall is concrete and we bought this land years ago about 30+ and now the neighbours are building a wall next to it a double wall basically they are digging up and instead of ordering a skip and throwing soil between the new wall they are creating and our old wall marked in green. We are in a couple of years going to rebuild that wall and i did inform them about this and he just replied when you rebuild it i will come round and pick up the soil.
Anyone know what can be done about this they did not inform us about any work at all.
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
20180911_184604.jpg

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Neighbour Problem With Construction of new Extension

by collectors » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:58 am

Even if they have had or had not get planning, they will still have to have the local building inspector come around & check at different stages. If they have anything to do with your property like being close to foundations, it is mandatory to have a legal party wall agreement put in place before any building works of any kind starts. This would all be at their expense. I would get in touch with your local building control immediately before they cover anything up, so the building inspector can see. But soil in between walls or cavities is a big no, no.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1