DIY Doctor

Neighbours new Extension 2nd Floor Rear

Postby DIFY » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello need some advise please:
adjacent Terraced houses, in London UK
usual standard configuration at the moment, main house with the kitchen at the ground floor rear, with another room built on top of kitchen. I assume for many many years it has been like this. some people make this rear upstairs a bathroom others keep it as a bedroom.
My neighbour wants to build another room on top of the bathroom (or bedroom) so create a 3nd floor effectively. i have seen plenty of info concerning loft conversions and rear lower floor extensions but no info that relates to building a 3rd floor extn at the rear of a terraced house.
I am not in principal opposed to it but but i also do not want the value of my home depreciated.
1. is it permitted?
2. do the same planning permissions or lack thereof apply for example the 30 square meter rule?
3. i am sure this will reduce the sunshine we get in our garden.
4. I take it they will build straight up on the Party wall?
5. What should i check or ensure i do so as not to suffer any loss long or short term?
6. Anything else to look out for?
DIFY
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Loft Light attic lighting products

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!