Neighbours New Fence Advice Please Where Land Built up
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mr_Bassman
Labourer
Labourer

Neighbours New Fence Advice Please Where Land Built up

by Mr_Bassman » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first post... I'm just asking for some advice on behalf of my Mother.

Our neighbour has put up a new fence which my Mum agreed to in principle and on face value, it's rather nice.

However, what my Mum didn't bargain for is the the neighbours contractor has built up the land up by about 4" (to lay an area of flat grass) so, as a result, on her side it looks very unsightly with a row of bricks placed under the fence to support it and there's mounds of horrible concrete where the posts are.

As this is her neighbours fence is it something my Mum has to put up with as she's rather upset as she feels that the neighbour has no respect for her property.

Kindest regards,
Mike
Attachments
new fence.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Neighbours New Fence Advice Please Where Land Built up

by stoneyboy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi mr_bassman
First move is to get the neighbour to have a look at your mum’s side and see if they are willing to make good or agree to gravel boards being fixed to the fence to hide the rubble.
Regards S

Mr_Bassman
Labourer
Labourer

by Mr_Bassman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply stoneyboy.

Unfortunately, reasonable & sensible conversation with our neighbour has broken down. They are basically ONLY listening what their Contractor is saying which is that we should raise the current level of our garden to cover the base of the fence and concrete mounds just like they've done on their side. It's come to the point where they are not interested in anything we say or do... they have indeed now have a lovely garden & fence at my Mums expense.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi mr_bassman,
Leaving aside the fact that a gravel board should have been fitted by the contractor. You cannot afford to fix anything to the fence yourselves in case the fence fails in some way eg falls down, posts lean over etc…
Your only option is to form a narrow raised bed to hide the rubble (as suggested by the contractor)
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:47 am