DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Neighbours planning permission and viewing through our living room window

Postby Haj111 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:39 pm

My neighbour got planning permission but now the build has progressed it has become clear that they will be able to look directly into my living room from a new window. This was not clear from the posted plans. What can I do and/or who could help me?
Haj111
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:40 pm

Hi haj111
You should contact the planning authority that approved the plans. If the building work complies with the approved plans the best you can hope for is that they may be able to persuade your neighbour to fit obscure glass.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Haj111 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:21 pm

Many thanks. The problem is that it’s a bedroom so the neighbour is not going to be keen to fit obscure glass. I don’t think there are many, if any, options available to me. Tall grasses seem to be my only option.
Haj111
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!