New Bathroom Floor....Do I.......
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Wagstaf
Labourer
Labourer

New Bathroom Floor....Do I.......

by Wagstaf » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:34 pm

I need to lay a new bathroom floor.

It's bamboo flooring.

Do I lay it first then install toliet, shower unit and sink pedestal.

Or do I intall suite and then lay floor to butt up to the suite?

Is there a right way or is it just a matter of opinion?

Thanks!!!

jules-francis
Labourer
Labourer

by jules-francis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 am

It's always best to lay the flooring first in a bathroom before installing the toilet, basin & Shower/Bath. Cutting around objects (especially curved toilets) is tricky and ends up looking untidy in general.

danneva
Labourer
Labourer

by danneva » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 am

Bamboo flooring is currently turning into frequent between lots of places due to its varied positive aspects. In view of the actual fact that bamboo is definitely eco-friendly, it may accommodate the transforming environments all over the world. The unique characteristic of bamboo is that it s able to decrease the high intensity of light and will protect all of us from ultra violet sun light. People these days are transforming their hardwood floors to bamboo flooring because of its interesting color, design and style and also other price advantages.

JustinBarley
Apprentice
Apprentice

by JustinBarley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

jules-francis wrote:It's always best to lay the flooring first in a bathroom before installing the toilet, basin & Shower/Bath. Cutting around objects (especially curved toilets) is tricky and ends up looking untidy in general.

True, true....
Even though i have never installed bamboo flooring it should be quite the same as
the tiles... so flooring first then appliances ...

call India
Last edited by JustinBarley on Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 pm

flooring first always. it will just look a mess otherwise.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am