New concrete on to old concrete
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cicero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cicero » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 am

Hi, guys

I have a problem with water getting into my garage either coming up through the floor or getting in a round the edges.

The garage was a new one erected last year on the existing concrete base and although it was OK is probably not especially level hence I want to lay a 1" to 2" deep of concrete on top of the existing base.

My query is will this bond OK to the old base and in order to do so do I need any special chemicals to ensure it happens please?

Be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

concreting

Post by welsh brickie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

you will need to use a screed for that thickness,So just a mix of coarse sand and cement,prepair the surface by mixing a pva solution on the floor first.

cicero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: concreting

Post by cicero » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:09 pm

welsh brickie wrote:you will need to use a screed for that thickness,So just a mix of coarse sand and cement,prepair the surface by mixing a pva solution on the floor first.

Thank you for your advice it's appreciated.

many thanks.

Trades Master
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Trades Master » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I agree with welsh brickie, screed wwould be best however as a precation what is the ground level outside in relation to the garage floor ie does it slop towards the floor so all water drins in to your garage or is the outside floor breaching the dampcourse idealy the damp course should be 2 bricks above the ground level. hope this helps

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:08 pm