Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bendeneo
Labourer
Labourer

new extension, need to reroute drainage and waste

by bendeneo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi all,

I am putting a new extension on to the back of my semi and re-routing the bathroom (which was attached to the back) to the centre of the house, meaning the whole back part of the house will be the kitchen.

I have at present a rather complicated rain, wastewater and sewage system with 3 inspection chambers, what I want to do is simplify this and have one single soil pipe leading 8ft to the outside of the house (into my side access), and have one single waste water pipe from the kitchen into the back garden.... I think that I will then need to connect these together to form 1 main inspection chamber at the back of the house.

To re-iterate, I want to route the bathroom pipe to the side of the house and then run that along the side to the rear, where it will then meet up with the kitchen waste pipes.

I have a diagram but cant upload it, if anyone is kindly enough to want to look and give me advice then let me know!

Thanks for your help!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu May 01, 2008 7:46 pm

You'll need building regulations approval to alter your drainage if it involves underground work. Same applies to moving the bathroom to a different part of the house.

As you'll have to talk to them anyway it seems like your best source of advice is your local friendly BCO in the first instance. They'll know what they want to see and can tell you immediately.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am