New Flooring Being Installed - Should I go With Wood Flooring?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MartinPutter
Labourer
Labourer

New Flooring Being Installed - Should I go With Wood Flooring?

by MartinPutter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:28 am

I'm having some new flooring installed - or i should say that i am having new flooring installed and unsure whether to replace the old carperting we had and go for a wood flooring finish on the main floor of the house... does anyone have any thoughts... worried we may lose the homely feeling a carpeted flooring gives.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New Flooring Being Installed - Should I go With Wood Flooring?

by welsh brickie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 pm

if you have a solid wood or laminate flooring its easier to clean and feels warm to look at, I prefer it but its personal choice

PeterHenryPeter
Labourer
Labourer

Re: New Flooring Being Installed - Should I go With Wood Flooring?

by PeterHenryPeter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Wood flooring gives just as good homely feeling as carpets do. Plus, it is easier for maintenance, it wears off slower, and depending on the wood it might even look more stylish. Wood adds a very nice feeling for cosiness, comfort and style. Be careful when choosing such a flooring, though, because it might have the opposite effect on your home, too.
I have a wooden floor only in my living room. The kitchen floor is covered with tiles, as they make kitchen maintenance easier.
Good luck.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:16 am