New gas supply query
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alison1971
Tradesman
Tradesman

New gas supply query

by alison1971 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 am

Hello

Could anyone tell me or give me some advice please;

I am interested in buying a property that is in need of some quite big improvements, one of which would be central heating. The property was owned by an elderly lady and she has done no modernisation at all, icluding central heating;
My query is;
It appears there is no gas supply at this house, as the only two storage heaters were electric and there is no evidence of any gas at all.......

What happens next? Would it cost me to have gas laid on? Who do I contact? British gas? and does anyone have any general price guides as to how much installation would be in a very small two/and a box terrace.

No doubt I shall be requiring more advice and help via the forum lol.

All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alison :) :D

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 am

Hi Alison,

You normally need to contact National Grid, they will quote for you- but make sure you are sitting down!!

alison1971
Tradesman
Tradesman

Maybe a different kind of heating?

by alison1971 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 pm

If getting a new gas supply is going to be really expensive, and I do believe it would be....Could economy 7 be the way to go ina house with no heating?
Would economy seven act as effiently, bearing in mind thsi house is only small? And does anyone have a clue how much economy seven costs to set installed. Would be 6 or 7 heaters ??

any opinions / advice is greatly received

I am ok at diy and decorating etc, will give any job a go, but if i have no idea or too little info...i have to ask....a little knowledge is mighty dangerous :wink:

Alison

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1