DIY Doctor


Postby geminigirl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 pm

I live in a 2 bed mid terrace house and I am experiencing damp problems at the front of the house. I was advised that the guttering needed replacing which I have had done. However when there is a heavy downpour water streams down the front outside wall from the roof. More distressing is that when this happens water starts to drip from around the top of the windows frames on the inside of the rooms involving this wall. At first the water only seemed to drip in the downstairs room (where the window frame is fitted into the recess), but now it has started dripping from the window recess in the room above too. I am on a relatively low income since my husband left and would really appreciate any advice.. I just don't know where to start. I am sorry if my discription is not too great, but i can supply some images of the affected area if needbe. My deep thanks for any help that may be offered. Taz
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:04 pm


DIY asbestos test kits

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:12 am

the gutter may be falling the wrong way,or an obstruction in the downpipe or the gutter cannot cope with the ammount of water.
Or there may be a crack above the window that needs repair.I suggest you get a hose and fill the gutter to see whats happening.
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics