New House Changing The Light Fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigpoppapump
Labourer
Labourer

New House Changing The Light Fitting

Post by bigpoppapump » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello all,
after a little bit of help if possible we have moved into a brand new house and have just come round to changing the light fittings from the standard buld on a wire. I have bought new light fittings for the kitchen and managed to change one like for like and it works. I have gone to change the other one and have 2 earth, 1 blue, 2 brown 1 black and 1 grey. I have a new light fitting which only has earth, brown and blue wires on a 3 set teminal (Box with tiny screws in). What shold I be onnecting to what? Please help!!!

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Do you have another form of equipment other than the light to this circuit ie a fan.
If so you should have two types of cabling that are in grey plastic outer protection.
One set (three core and earth) with a black a grey and a brown plus the bare earth
they other (twin core and earth) should have a brown a blue and the earth.
All earth connected at the earth terminal on fitting or ceiling rose.
The twin core wires go blue to neutral side of fitting, the brown to loop in middle of rose.
The three core wires go as so grey in to loop, brown to live side of fitting and black to neutral.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:25 pm