New Pop Up Bath Waste Plug Lets Water Drain Out
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jingleysaab
Labourer
Labourer

New Pop Up Bath Waste Plug Lets Water Drain Out

by jingleysaab » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi, I have bought an IFLO 1 1/2 Pop Up Bath Waste and installed it in a new IFLO bath. Looking at it I said to my wife how is this going to work as there is no "grab" to pull the plug firmly down. So, before plumbing the bath in I thought I would test it out. I turned the knob and the plug dropped into place; I added a jug of water which immediately drained away. After adjusting the screw underneath numerous times, and to each extreme setting, the water still drains away. The only time it doesn't is when you apply pressure with your finger. I would have expected the adjustable screw head to fit into an attachment which physically pulled the plug closed tightly when yopu turned the knod. What appears to happen is the screw merely rests on the pop up lever and drops down with it. How do I fix this please, or what have I done wrong? The O-ring is new and is undamaged. Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New Pop Up Bath Waste Plug Lets Water Drain Out

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi jingleysaab,
If the plug is made of chrome coated plastic replace it with a metal one. If you search on line they are readily available with or without a bottom ring.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:30 pm