DIY Doctor

New pvc windows installed but do they look right?

Postby Sodlin71 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:41 pm

Just had new pvc insert fitted does this plastic bit at the front look right , it’s about 6 inches high
Attachments
9F2E28D3-218F-4E58-83A9-D071BF0AD999.jpeg
Not seen this anywhere else
Sodlin71
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi sodlin71
Looks like someone has not measured the height of the opening correctly and has had to fit a filler.
Get the installer back to fit a full height window.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Sodlin71 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 am

My wife was told we were having window inserts ? They told her it’s easier than fitting and chopping out old sash windows , but the bottom doesn’t look . With inserts would you chop out the old wooden sill because if this was done and right size windows I would not have that plastic bit at the bottom ? Am I correct in what I’m thinking , Regards Shaun
Sodlin71
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Hi sodlin71
Unfortunately it would seem you have agreed to have the new windows fitted into the old window frame. This has saved the cost of removing the old frame and making good especially where the weight boxes are. Removing the sill only would have been difficult because the sides would then have been short.
You’re probably stuck with it unless you pay again.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!