New radiator options during kitchen refurb
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sam3006
Labourer
Labourer

New radiator options during kitchen refurb

by Sam3006 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:39 am

Hi, was wondering if someone could help please. I'm having a new kitchen fitted soon and my OH is not a fan of the Myson hydro plinth heaters installed at the moment.

I'm looking to get a new single vertical radiator added but I was wondering the best way to tackle it. In the added photo, the boiler (floor standing) is in the open cupboard door and I'd like the radiator on the opposite wall where the bin is now. There is a radiator directly the other side of the wall.

Can new pipework be run in the floor? (concrete floor, new tiles to be installed) if so, how much would I be looking at for a plumber to fit excluding the cost of the rad & valves?

Or is it better to tee off the rad the other side of the wall. I think I'd prefer the floor route if possible.

Many thanks all

Sam

20220115_221239-min--1-.jpg
Hi

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: New radiator options during kitchen refurb

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:59 pm

Hi sam3006,
Assuming you have a conventional boiler and are not in a city where charges are extortionate and parking is an issue. The floor route will probably cost somewhere in the region of £1000 - £1500, going through the wall would cost half this amount.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:06 am