New radiators to my extension
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

steve d
Apprentice
Apprentice

by steve d » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks,I get your point about the bypass.

Saying that, I thought a one pipe system was that,one pipe flowing around the system with tees off the same pipe to each side of the radiator? I can see the bypass being needed if the flow went through the radiator and back out to the other side ie (the flow was cut), this would mean when one rad was turned off the circuit wouldn'd circulate.

Confused :D

If I go with one pipe that means quite a bit of alteration to the two pipe system I have already installed,I'm thinking the return I have fitted wouldn't be used apart from the last leg on one rad back to the boiler?
Thanks

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:12 am

Oh dear, now i'm confused.

I wasn't suggesting you alter either system

When you cut the pipe in your one pipe system, that makes gives two ends. Your newly laid pipes have two ends...........

Put a 22mm gate valve in the bypass and half close it. when everything's running, adjust it for optimal flow to both circuits.

steve d
Apprentice
Apprentice

by steve d » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:12 pm

Confused? you will be :lol:

I see what you mean now...cut the 22mm return and take it to the flow on the two piped system.

As you say,if all the rads were turned of it would stop the flow totally on the whole system from the boiler, hence the bypass.

I've actually connected it up teeing off the 22mm legs from the boiler,I fitted a LSV on the return leg on the two pipe circuit and it works fine,thanks for all the help :wink: