New Shower Door but gap is too Small
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

SBMcr
Labourer
Labourer

New Shower Door but gap is too Small

by SBMcr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:06 pm

So we've just had a big build project done, new bathroom and all - the shower tray and sliding door was 1100mm (and has been in the hall waiting to be fitted for last 2 months). Finally got round to fitting it today and the gaps too small for it! the gap measures 1050 so even with the adjustments apparently it won't fit. trouble is I can't seem to figure our what to do now - have looked at the 1000mm sliding doors but that leaves an opening to get into and out of the shower of around 360mm which is really tight. looked at get a pivot or hinged door but again the 1100 is too big and the 1000 seem too small, now thinking we might have to go with a glass partition "wetroom" style door but worried that in order to leave enough space to get in the partition won't be big enough to effectively keep the water in the shower!

So my question then - is there a hinged or pivot style door I can get that would fit a 1050mm space and/or what would I need to do to get one to fit (ie if we went with a 1000mm how do I fill any gap left over?

thanks - frustrated and panicked from manchester

It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:01 pm