All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Lucky_Dutch
Labourer
Labourer

New Shower Pump Only Working intermittently

Post by Lucky_Dutch » Thu May 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi all,

First time to DIYDOCTOR so forgive me for any formatting errors.

Recently our shower pump burst and we have had a new one installed.

The installation is as follows:

Shower pump underneath bath. Cupboard next to bath has hot water cylinder within, as well as on/off switch for pump and on/off switches for two heaters of the cylinder. I assume cold water tank is in the loft just above the shower. The shower simply a hose and head linked to the bath taps.

Plumbers fitted new shower pump on Tuesday. It was working as you would expect on Tuesday evening. Awoke Wednesday morning and it did not kick in at all, even with both hot and cold shower taps running, or when any of the sink taps are running. Called the plumber out that evening and you guessed it, the pump ran as expected and due to this he could find no fault. We went to bed and awoke this morning and it no longer kicks in, just as it didn't on Wednesday morning. As of writing at lunchtime, it still does not kick in.

What could be the cause of this?

I have read on various forums that the distance between the shower head and the water tank in the loft can cause this, but then how would it explain it working at certain points of the day and not the mornings?

I am reluctant to call the plumber out again for them to only laugh and say nothing is wrong again.

Thanks a lot for reading - really appreciate it.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm