New Shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ferrytrip1
Labourer
Labourer

New Shower

by ferrytrip1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked many times - any pointers to other threads will be useful.

I want to install a second shower in the bathroom. The primary shower is pumped from the hot and cold and so I am considering fitting an electric so as not rely on the domestic hw being available for the second shower.

Can anybody advise which is the best type to fit to give a good flow at a high temperature?

We are starting from scratch so will install new cable to meet the demands of a high KW unit.

Thanks

Simon

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Mira and Triton are particular favourites of mine, and will give years of reliable usage. Be aware though, even the best 10kw electric shower will in no way compare to a mixer shower especially a pumped one. Particularly, there will be a noticeable reduction in flow during the winter when the incoming water is colder.

It's not that i'm trying to put you off an electric shower, your logic makes good sense, but if you are aware of their limitations, it will help with decisions. The electric shower should be installed in the least used bathroom for example.

Also, get a sparky involved before you make any final decisions. Electrical regulations have changed a great deal over the last few years so installing an electric supply may cost more than you think.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:29 pm

mira sport for me
bob

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am