DIY Doctor

Main navigation

New windows but don't seem to fit tightly

Postby whalero » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:11 pm

Hi All, I've recently had some new windows installed and I've noticed that that some of the windows don't seem to fit tightly with the seal on the inside. Should these be like this? some parts fit nice and tight while others have a gap. the fitter was putting his credit card down there on my old windows telling me the hinges were broken and needed replacing, however a credit card still fits down the gap in the new ones and has space to move around freely. I've attached a pic as it's quite hard to explain. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Attachments
window pic 2.jpeg
whalero
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm

Hi whalero,
If you get someone to push the window inwards from the outside, does this close the gap? If yes it may be the hinges need adjusting, if no you need to contact the window supplier.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!