New Windows Fitted Back to Front?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Guyver1
Labourer
Labourer

New Windows Fitted Back to Front?

by Guyver1 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi guys. I've just had new windows and I think I'm being fobbed off. 1 window has the word forward on opposite sides of the glass. Also the glass panel on the side of the front door is the same so 1 corner you can read the word forward from the inside of the house, but you have to be outside to read the word forward on the other pane. The fitter has gone ballistic at the suppliers but they're refusing to change the glass. They say it doesn't make any difference. Is this correct? If not I can issue legal proceedings against the supplier. The fitter I've known for years and he's not the type to pull a fast one.

Skid Sprocket
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: New Windows Fitted Back to Front?

by Skid Sprocket » Mon May 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Not 100% sure but I think the labels are referring to a coating on the glass units and they are meant to be fitted the correct way round. Unless the glass units came already fitted then it will be the responsibility of the fitter to fit them correctly.

Guyver1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: New Windows Fitted Back to Front?

by Guyver1 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Skid Sprocket wrote:Not 100% sure but I think the labels are referring to a coating on the glass units and they are meant to be fitted the correct way round. Unless the glass units came already fitted then it will be the responsibility of the fitter to fit them correctly.

Brill, I didn't think they could be backwards on some units and the correct way round on others. He's going to the suppliers tomorrow to give em even more hell as I had ordered AND paid for laminated, the cheeky bastards have supplied toughened. So they can replace every window they supplied.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:39 am