Newbie renovator
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

demmeister
Labourer
Labourer

Newbie renovator

by demmeister » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

There's a house nearby that's come on the market.
I've been to view it and it's huge inside. It's a reposession and is on the market for about £50k less than the market value in that area.
Each room will need full decoration and it will need a new bathroom and kitchen.
It will need full double glazing throughout and probably a new front door and back door. It will also need a new boiler.
Being a reposessed property, the company have put a do not use sign over the fuse box and the toilets, sinks etc so potentially there are electrical and plumbing issues but also possibly not.
The previous owner has performed a loft conversion including a staircase, boarded floors and partition walls but I have no idea if this conversion is within regulations.
As this is my first planned renovation, can anyone give me any advice or any indication as to whether this could be a good investment. I have to buy the house "as seen" so I'm not sure to what extent I can check out the work that will be required.
Thankyou for any advice!

It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 am