Nieghbouring wall foundations?
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

Nieghbouring wall foundations?

Post by DUDE DIY » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:13 am

Hey there, im currently planning a kitchen extension which will mirror what the nieghbours have already done. With one of my extension walls sitting directly to next doors extension when I dig down to excavte my foundation trench, will i be able to lay my foundations directly next to theres or will this require me to under pin the nieghbours foundations. Also what distance would i need to set back my foundations to avoid under pinning? Thanks for your replys. Dude DIY.

philgrady
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wall foundations

Post by philgrady » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Dude,
check out if you should put a party wall agreement in place, i think it not needed. At least schedule the condition of the neighbours property and get agreement from them that they accept this record. Foundation wise, if you go lower than there foundation you will enter the line of repose, a theoretical line that runs at 45DEG from there foundation. On the information detailed i would say you would be ok to duplicate what they have already installed, but the design would be held by yourself. Hope this helps

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DUDE DIY » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 am

great stuff thanks for your wise advice. Wish me luck!!! Cheers again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:58 pm