DIY Doctor

No call for flame after replacing Grasslin 2 port actuator

Postby T00true » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:35 pm

I am using a Hive multi zone system with 2 thermostats (one for upstairs radiator and one for downstairs underfoot heating)
The downstairs heating was not coming on so I had a look at the Grasslin 2 port actuator and it appeared the motor had gone. I replaced the actuator which now works. It opens the valve which turns on the boiler pump but there is no call for flame. The other thermostat works fine and both are wired up identically. The downstairs will only heat up if the upstairs is calling for flame. Any ideas.
Regards
T00true
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Orange wire from motorised valve should both start pump and boiler, but with multi pumps you need some form of relay, some times part of a control centre.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!