no central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maria martin
Labourer
Labourer

no central heating

Post by maria martin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:26 pm

I have an ALPHA CB24 boiler.I have hot water .but when i turn the selector to hot water and heating.i still have hot water ,but no heating.please can you help! i want to be warm again.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Check programmer / timer and room thermostat are calling for heat (turned on or up)

Does the light illuminate to say it's in heating mode ?, if it does then all controls are calling for heat and the fault is on the boiler.

There's a few things that could be wrong, like a faulty diverter valve. But will need more information to help any more.

Do any lights on the boiler flash ?

How old is the boiler ?

What happens when you turn the heating on, does anything run (pump, fan) or nothing.

crason
Labourer
Labourer

Post by crason » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:23 pm

I have the same problem. I have a Ferolli F30 Combie Boiler.
Please, please help us both. :cry:

maria martin
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating not working

Post by maria martin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:06 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]Check programmer / timer and room thermostat are calling for heat (turned on or up)

Does the light illuminate to say it's in heating mode ?, if it does then all controls are calling for heat and the fault is on the boiler.

There's a few things that could be wrong, like a faulty diverter valve. But will need more information to help any more.

How old is the boiler ?

What happens when you turn the heating on, does anything run (pump, fan) or nothing.[/quote]
THe system pressure gauge is alright .Thermostat is on the boiler. The programmer/timer is next to the boiler on the wall,There should be a red light on all the time,when it is set on the on postion,BUT NO RED LIGHT.

The only light that flashes on the boiler is the indicator neons.Which is correct the green light every 5seconds nothing from the red one.
The boiler is 7years old.
When i turn the heating on,NOTHING.
only when i turn the hot water on, then turn the hot water off ,you hear something still going for about a min,as if its trying to kick in.
I have had heating twice for about 5min then went off.I THOUGHT GREAT WORKING!then a big dissapointment.HOPE YOU CAN HELP!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:59 pm

If the central heating demand light isn't coming on, then there's either no call for heat - for example a fault on the programmer or room thermostat. Or a faulty PCB.

Can't really check much more, unless you have a fluke tester or something similar. To check that when the programmer is set to on, there's an electrical supply to the boiler PCB. If there's no power to the boiler then it's a faulty programmer

Best bet is to call a heating engineer out to take a look.

maria martin
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Central heating not working

Post by maria martin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:41 pm

[quote="maria martin"][quote="htg engineer"]Check programmer / timer and room thermostat are calling for heat (turned on or up)

How old is the boiler ?

What happens when you turn the heating on, does anything run (pump, fan) or nothing.[/quote]
THe system pressure gauge is alright .Thermostat is on the boiler. The programmer/timer is next to the boiler on the wall,There should be a red light on all the time,when it is set on the on postion,BUT NO RED LIGHT.

The only light that flashes on the boiler is the indicator neons.Which is correct the green light every 5seconds nothing from the red one.
The boiler is 7years old.
When i turn the heating on,NOTHING.
only when i turn the hot water on, then turn the hot water off ,you hear something still going for about a min,as if its trying to kick in.
I have had heating twice for about 5min then went off.I THOUGHT GREAT WORKING!then a big dissapointment.HOPE YOU CAN HELP![/quote]

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:18 pm

If the central heating demand light isn't coming on, then there's either no call for heat - for example a fault on the programmer or room thermostat. Or a faulty PCB.

Can't really check much more, unless you have a fluke tester or something similar. To check that when the programmer is set to on, there's an electrical supply to the boiler PCB. If there's no power to the boiler then it's a faulty programmer

Best bet is to call a heating engineer out to take a look.

I know there'll be a thermostat on the boiler but is there definately no room thermostat fitted ? in a bedroom, passage, living room ?

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1