No cold water in bathroom tap or toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
malcolmpring
Labourer
Labourer

No cold water in bathroom tap or toilet

by malcolmpring » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:17 pm

I drained the central heating system to replace a downstairs radiator to a towel radiator, and when I refilled the system I have no cold water either in my mixer tap or in the toilet cistern in upstairs bathroom.

I presume it's an air lock coming from the header tank in the loft, but have anyone got any suggestions that can rectify this problem.

Many thanks :cry:

chrisroberts
Apprentice
Apprentice

by chrisroberts » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

get a rubber glove and wrap it round the mixer tap where the water comes out, hold it tight with hand then gently open the mixer so the cold water can back flow thru the hot pipes, hold for about 30 seconds, this should blow any trapped air into your header tank.

malcolmpring
Labourer
Labourer

by malcolmpring » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

chrisroberts wrote:get a rubber glove and wrap it round the mixer tap where the water comes out, hold it tight with hand then gently open the mixer so the cold water can back flow thru the hot pipes, hold for about 30 seconds, this should blow any trapped air into your header tank.

Many thanks, I have tried this and it certainly helped but I found that the valve in the airing cupboard had slightly seized up and was not open fully!

Thanks again.[/quote]

malcolmpring
Labourer
Labourer

by malcolmpring » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Many thanks.

I tried this and it did help, but my main problem was the valve was partly seized in the airing cupboard, so was not fully opened. A bit of WD40 did the trick.

Thanks again!!!

lhivepix
Labourer
Labourer

low water pressure in bathroom

by lhivepix » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

I have a low cold water pressure in bathroom after i switch on the main supply after i change my tap in the kitchen. the hot water pressure is ok and the hot water cylinder seems filling up. I check all the aerators and clean it, I check the cold water cistern in the attic and it seems working perfectly. any suggestion on how I'll gonna fix this without calling any plumber.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:55 am