No heat in radiators with boiler with header tank
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bookertmgs1
Labourer
Labourer

No heat in radiators with boiler with header tank

by Bookertmgs1 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:30 pm

I have an old conventional boiler with a header tank.

House is a bungalow.

I have just replaced 3 radiators and valves. I have cut back the old pipe work under the floor and connected new copper to the new valves.

There is no drain point in the system. I used a washer hose connected to old rad valve to drain.

Before draining the system I added some sentinel system cleaner 24 hours previously and ran for 24 hours.
Heating was working this morning.

Connected everything back up today and filled system up. Water has filled radiators and I have bled each radiator.

Boiler is running and pump seems to be working - but doesn’t appear that any hot water is moving through pipes. Pipes immediately above boiler are hot - but nothing further down pipes.

Pump is less than 12 months old and is a granfos one

Anyone offer any advice with what I need to do next?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: No heat in radiators with boiler with header tank

by ericmark » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:10 am

Double bleed radiators, do it with only supply tap/TRV/lock shield open and return closed then with only return open and supply closed, so supply and return both bled. Then try again.

Bookertmgs1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: No heat in radiators with boiler with header tank

by Bookertmgs1 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Many thanks for the reply - problem was an airlock above the pump which stopped the water moving

I didn’t see a tail with a bleed valve on it. Opening and reliving the air solved the issue.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1