All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Huntersbane
Labourer
Labourer

No Hot Water

by Huntersbane » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi

Sorry but Im lost. No Knowlege of plumbing, and no Im not a fiddler.

Tried to remove a radiator, to decorate the hall, but valve on the pipe is buggered and when i started to loosen the nut water went all over.
So re-tightend the nut and drained the system from the drining plug outside (turning off the mains tap first).
Then removed the radiator fitting blanking plugs to the feed pipes.

Turned Mains feed back on, All OK no leeks. Cranked Boiler up, Heating Fine, BUT, now the heating is ok BUT NO HOT WATER.

The Boiler ( Glow Worm Hide Away) Works fine on Heating Mode, But for hot water it runs for 2 minutes only then cuts off. and Hey Presto, No Hot Water. Been without it for a week now and my partner is getting a bit Hot herself, Like if she had a Gun I think I would be the first... Do i have a Air lock????????

HELLLLLLPPP

Any body please....................
:oops:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:09 pm

yes, sounds like an airlock. Try draining system and re-filling, will sometimes sort it out.

Did you vent all radiators upstairs ? check next to tank/ cylinder, sometimes there'll be a manual airvent fitted.

Huntersbane
Labourer
Labourer

No Hot Water

by Huntersbane » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:27 am

Hi htg engineer.

Tried the empty and refill but same happend. Glow worm Gas boiler in the Kitchen ran for two minutes and then cut off.

Still no hot water.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:45 pm

take out thermostat probe from boiler, and run on hot water only mode. This will clear any airlocks in the primary flow and return pipes. You will hear when the airlock clears. Should only take about 5 - 10 mins to clear.

Remember to replace thermostat.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm