No more ply
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
barryomoss
Labourer
Labourer

No more ply

by barryomoss » Wed May 20, 2009 7:40 pm

I am just about to tile on to my bathroom floor. The floor is made of standard floorboards. I was expecting to cover the floorboards with 15mm ply then put down underfloor heating and then lay the tiles on top.
Obviously I am a little worried about the eventual height of the floor.
My local tile merchants have suggested a board called "No More Ply" which is quite thin but very rigid. They tell me that all their tilers use it on top of floorboards. Has anybody else used this board? If so would you recommend it? It seems the perfect answer for me but I just wanted to check that it was a good product.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu May 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Ive never used it. Cant build up the momentum to switch from ply (or perhaps I just don't have the courage to try it). Might give it a bash in me own place one of these days but I don't experiment when peeps are paying! Feel free to give it a go and let us know how it's going in 6 months.

Cheers

Wuster
Labourer
Labourer

by Wuster » Sat May 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi, no more ply is rigid and very dense, how ever this brings its own problem, you will need plenty of drills as they will get blunt very quick ( the wood is very dense).If you screw ply wood your screw will self sink, with no more ply you will have to use a counter sink so have a couple spare also have plenty of spare jig saw blades, other than that you should not have any other problems. Good look

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat May 23, 2009 9:57 pm

I've never used these "No more ply" boards either. After much research, it appears the only advantage is they are more water resistant than traditional ply.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:05 am