DIY Doctor

Main navigation

No pipe clamps or threaded steel pipe in the UK?

Postby Jghost » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Doing a bicycle repair stand project. So far I haven't been able to find the essentials. 1/2 inch or 3/4 galvanised steel pipe (threaded). In various sizes. And a pony clamp or pipe clamp like this (1/2 or 3/4) -

Google ""

What's going on? Seems to be common place in USA. Rutlands in the only uk supplier found but would prefer to buy in real life. Anyone know where I could go for such things? They seem pretty ordinary to me so very disappointed I can't find them.

Cheers folks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:39 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Perry525 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Try BES Gas and Plumbing Supplies -
I used to buy my steel pipes and fittings from them.
Most people have changed to copper or plastic.
Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics