No pressure
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Thelemaway
Labourer
Labourer

No pressure

by Thelemaway » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:12 pm

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC pro boiler.

The system has switched itself off overnight. There is no heating or hot water.

It displays error code F22. There is no water pressure whatsoever.

This is not my heating system. I am housesitting. Nonethless, I cannot freeze to death for the next two weeks and there is considerable danger of pipes freezing.

The boiler manual tells me to refill the system before it will relight, but does not tell me how to.

I just went around the house, turned all the radiators on full and then went from bottom to top, bleeding each radiator as I went. Loads of pressure on the ground floor, less on the first floor and none at all in the attic. Only the attic radiator had any air in it, it hissed until the pressure was released but it did not bleed and appears to be empty.

That is my knowledge of central heating systems wholly exhausted.

Where is this pump all the online advice mentions?

I called the 0870 number and of course was told to call back on Monday morning. Ho Ho. What jolly fun.

Tell me what to do please, I am sure the solution is really quite simple.

JWS

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 pm

This is a combi boiler, by bleeding the radiators you have dropped the system pressure too low to operate. You need to repressurise the system by using the fill-loop at the boiler so its above 1 bar on the pressure guage.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:15 am

Hi,
Locate the filling loop and re- charge pressure to 1 - 1.5 bar, it should work.
Filling loop should just be under the boiler. Piccys would help

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 am

hi
firstly im not a heating engineer,but here goes
if this is a combi boiler then under the boiler,usually there is a filling loop this looks like a flexible metal pipe at each end of the pipe will be a tap one is normally open one closed open the closed one if you hear water rushing in then thats the one fill the system till it gets to 1 on the gauge shut if off and try igniting the boiler
if its not a combi then you may be better getting someone in to investigate
let us know how you get on
bob

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1