No water in hot tap
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
k100
Labourer
Labourer

No water in hot tap

Post by k100 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi

We have just got the keys to our new house, cold taps are running well but there seems to be no water in the hot taps. All relevent valves are turned on, but not even a drip! Header tanks in loft are both full. I know I need to get water flowing through the hot taps before turning the boiler and heatin on. I don't want to blow it up.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

thanks

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Re: No water in hot tap

Post by bazza » Thu May 17, 2007 8:49 pm

[quote="k100"]Hi

We have just got the keys to our new house, cold taps are running well but there seems to be no water in the hot taps. All relevent valves are turned on, but not even a drip! Header tanks in loft are both full. I know I need to get water flowing through the hot taps before turning the boiler and heatin on. I don't want to blow it up.

thanks[/quote]hi r u sure all valves r turned on including the gate valve on the cylinder if so you may hav a air lock if this is the case simply attach one end of a hose to a cold tap fed by mains pressure and the other end to a hot tap then open the hot tap followed by the cold tap slowly and that shud blow the airlock out remember the water by laws states u shud attach a double check valve to the hose to prevent back siphonage hope this helps

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

No water in hot tap

Post by DONFRAMAC » Thu May 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Sometimes owners find it convenient to have an isolator valve after the hot cylinder, so that plumbing work can be done without ditching all the stock of hot water;-- I certainly installed one, and it makes upgrading the shower unit a breeze!

k100
Labourer
Labourer

Re: No water in hot tap

Post by k100 » Fri May 18, 2007 10:18 pm

THANK YOU

The hot and cold tap hose thing worked a treat. Have loads of lovely warm water now. Thank you so much :D

[quote="bazza"][quote="k100"]Hi

thanks[/quote]hi r u sure all valves r turned on including the gate valve on the cylinder if so you may hav a air lock if this is the case simply attach one end of a hose to a cold tap fed by mains pressure and the other end to a hot tap then open the hot tap followed by the cold tap slowly and that shud blow the airlock out remember the water by laws states u shud attach a double check valve to the hose to prevent back siphonage hope this helps[/quote]

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1