Noisy boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Noisy boiler

Post by damian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:42 am

Hi,
Is there anything in a Worcester Bosch 24i RSF-L Combi boiler that can vibrate?
I've had this problem for ages that when my neighbour flushes their toilet something in my house vibrates!
When it happens, you can feel the lead feed pipe that comes out of the kitchen floor vibrating, so I think we're on a shared main.
I've checked all the isolators on the pipe work, the stop cock and even tried the isolators fitted to the pipes as they come in to the boiler.

This morning when the vibrating sound was happening I pressed on the front of the boiler and the sound went much quieter, it didn't go completely but did go much quieter.

Is there anything inside the boiler I can check to see if it is loose?
Is there anything wrong in the way the boiler is mounted (on a wall usnig a metal bracket)?

I've asked a number of plumbers about this and so far nobody has been able to fix it, although previously I've always told them it's the pipes that are vibrating but now I think it may have been the boiler all the time!

Thanks for your help.

regards,
Damian

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 pm

HOW LONG'S THE PIPE RUN FROM YOUR STOPCOCK TO THE COLD WATER INLET ON YOUR BOILER?
IF THIS PIPEWORK IS NOT SUPPORTED WITH CLIPS THERES A CHANCE THAT IT COULD BE VIBRATING.
THIS MAY ALSO APPLY TO THE SHARED MAIN THAT YOU MENTION IN YOUR POST.
AS BY NATURE VIBRATIONS TRAVEL, THE COVER OF YOUR BOILER BEING THIN SHEET METAL, WILL VIBRATE.
I DONT THINK ITS THE BOILER.
TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE PIPES AND GET YOUR NEIGHBOUR INVOLVED IF YOU CAN!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1