Noisy Toilet Flush & Fill
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lorrainebd
Labourer
Labourer

Noisy Toilet Flush & Fill

Post by Lorrainebd » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi Can anyone advise me why my toilet would make so much noise when flushed and filling? I have a toilet without an overflow. It doesn't take long to fill up again but I hear the noise down in the kitchen an dthroughout the house. I have opened the cistern and it looks fine. I have not yet looked in the loft but do have two different tanks - partly why I haven't gone up there yet. Any guidance would be great.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Can you describe the noise ib a bit more detail please?

Cheers

Lorrainebd
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Lorrainebd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 am

I would have said it was just rushing water and if the neighbour hadn't complained I would normally just have said 'that's what toilets do'. I can hear the rushing water in the kitchen, where the mains kicks in, then feel the water through the floor of the bathroom as it rushes to refill the cistern, I assume from the tank, and a small roar whilst it is filling the cistern. I don't recognise any fog horn, screeching, whistling or vibrations that people report so am not even sure there is a problem but wanted to get some advise. Thanks for your time

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Try throttling down the flow rate by closing the service valve halfway. You should find the optimum position where the loo fills reasonably quickly but without the noise.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 am