Non Standard interior doors
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alexinwatford
Labourer
Labourer

Non Standard interior doors

by alexinwatford » Mon May 28, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi,

I recently moved into an end terrace and the internal doors leave something to be desired. Taking the measurements and strolling down to B&Q today I discovered that they are far from regular in size. 5 interior doors all measuring 28 inches wide and 75 inches tall. I really don't want to spend a fortune on these, perhaps 25-50 each. Just nice simple internal doors, 4/6 panels or something similar.

Any ideas or advice on where I could find these would be great.

Thanks in advance.

alex

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu May 31, 2007 7:51 am

Sounds like these have been cut down from standard 30 x 78 inch doors which is easy if you buy solid doors. Take an inch from the top, 2 from the bottom and 1 from each side BUT.......They must be solid timber doors do not try it with hollow dorrs of any kind or you will have no peremeter rail laeft and no strength in the door. Even with a solid door, if it is a panel door, make sure you have enough timber left on the lock side to insert your catch otherwise the drill will go straight through the beading and ruin the door. Take a look at our hanging a door project and fitting a door latch projects to see how to do this properly.

joineryman
Labourer
Labourer

doors

by joineryman » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 pm

any door manufacturer will tell you not to take more than 10mm from the side of a door you need to try joinery shops for these doors as they have metric and imperial sizes. most doors that you will buy in the price range will be made up of bits of wood even if they say they are solid so i wouldnt recomend cutting a door down that much (you might find the latches wont fit in the door

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 am