Non-standard kitchen kickboards?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ukjamesscott
Labourer
Labourer

Non-standard kitchen kickboards?

Post by ukjamesscott » Mon May 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi,

I have a 20 year old kitchen which I am currently renovating. The units are high quality and we like the look, so rather than replace the whole thing we are just replacing the worktop, sink and kickboards.

However, my kickboards are a non-standard height. They are 190mm high.

I'm looking for brushed aluminium effect kickboards to replace the old ones, but everywhere I have found so far only has 160mm options.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could get 190mm? If not, what is the best way to make brushed aluminium kickboards?

Thanks!

James.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Thu May 31, 2007 7:03 am

A local engineering shop will supply you with brushed ali cut to the correct width James which you can then glue using contact adhesive (See our project on adhesives used at home) to a timber board.

wack
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by wack » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:58 pm

hiya ; you can buy brushed ali formica which you could stick on to 190mm x18mm mdf with contact adesive. Ask at your local shopfitting or joinery companies, they may be able to supply you , as they may have some off cuts of these materials.These materials can be cut and planed by hand to fit.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 am